Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can you do up your helmet with gloves on?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Bonk, Oct 2, 2009.

?
  1. No.

112 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. It's one of my powers.

88 vote(s)
    44.0%
  1. This should separate the learners from the P-platers.

2. Can I be stuffed when taking my gloves off is quicker?

3. Not yet - been trying for years

4. Honestly, in all these years I've never tried.

5. That having been said, my helmet isn't particularly easy to do up without my gloves, soooo…

6. Depends which gloves and how much patience I have. Usually quicker just to rip the golves off.

7. Yep. I still forget to put my helmet on before gloves sometimes.

8. No. and I remove left glove first

9. Can do up the buckle but the clip that holds the strap in place is a struggle. Does doing it with one glove on count?

10. I did once because I cbf to remove my gloves. But it would have been much quicker to just remove the gloves. I do regularly do it up with one glove on. Thats not really that hard.

11. you mean the question leading into this should be: do you forget to do your helmet up before gloving up?

12. Can you change your visor without taking off your helmet?

13. helmet? gloves? pffft, sissy stuff :LOL:

14. What about while riding..

I've done it once, not very safe, and probably quicker to pull over take gloves off to do it then away again.

15. have managed the helmet do up with gloves on a few times... but yeah quicker to take em off

16. Yeah typical noob mistake. I did that a few times.

17. You newbies still wearing gloves? Thats so last week.

18. What are girlfriends for?

19. Nope, i got close with the race gloves but no chance with the winter fatties!

20. Never bothered. I seem to be need my hands for other things when I'm taking my helmet off, so have never actually tried.