Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can you believe this?????

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Guest, Apr 4, 2005.

1. As some of you know, I drove up to Phillip Island on the weekend as I woz and still am not feeling well. :cry:

Last night, my sister told me to move my bike as my dad was having trouble getting something out of our garage. I just got home from work and decided to go in the garage and move my bike. I start him up, put it in first and go to move it and I hear a cluck sound. Never heard that before so I throw my bike in neutral, put the stand down and go to investigate. My old man has bloody chained the back tyre. I can't believe it!!! I am pi**ed off big time!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So, who's got bolt cutters I could use to get this bloody chain off??? My dad ain't going to stop me riding and I shouldn't have to leave my bike elsewhere. I'm going to get the locks on the garage changed (he has a key unfortunately).

:cry: :cry:

2. Anyone considering lending their bolt cutters to the cause should be certain to specify that they are not to be used for testicle snipping.

Seriously though, that's pretty rotten. Sounds like somebody needs to move outta home.
  3. Hey Loz, I don't live at home. Mum and dad are some 15 mins away from us - not far enough for my liking!!! :evil: :evil:

4. Know all about your problem Lids. You are not the only one who has parents who hate you on a bike. Difference is, I have my own garage. But I am sure they would, if they could :LOL:
  5. WHAT!!! They came to your place and chained your bike?!?!?!

That's seriously harsh.

If your Dad drives something with a bit of torque maybe chain the rear diff to the back of the shed :p
  6. That seriously blow Lids :( :( :x

I am sure someone will have some cutters.. but the point is.. your Dad should not be touching your stuff like that.... I would be going right off at mine right now and stating it would be a fact that he is disowned or the chain removed before tonight...his choice.

Of course..I have a bad temper and a stubborn streak when provoked

7. Ask him for the keys :)

If he doesn't hand them over charge him with tresspassing and mess with your property. :)

or is there something we are missing here, e.g is the bike in his name, have you renegged on doing the dishes or something :p
  8. :evil: :evil: :evil:

It's hard enough hearing everybody else trying to stop you from riding, but I can imagine it's even harder if it is a member of your family.

:evil: :evil: :evil: No wonder you have such a hard time feeling comfy on the bike, if you don't have any support from your loved ones.

Luckily my parents live interstates, and I was surprise they wasn't too opposed to me riding, not that they can do much living interstates (that is, until I told my mum that I'm riding to Canberra next week, I copped an earful)....

But you know what? The best revenge is -- to "show" them.

I still shit myself cornering, and have had butterflies every single time I jump on a bike....but as Cluey said once: "Its what makes you feel alive"

Show them, Lids, show them!!!!!!!!!
  9. Simple. Buy your own chain and attach it it to his rear axle. Oh and remember to film as he drives out!!
  10. Do what I did, bludgeoned my parents to death while they slept.

Dont hear any whining from them now :D
  11. On a serious note, thats a pretty low move on your dads behalf. Roshamboe him for the keys...you go first :p
  12. That sucks, and is not something I would ever do to my daughter.
    much better to accept the choices made, and then do your best to make them as safe as possible (pay for advanced courses, help out with serviceing, gear etc)

Buuuuttt!! (always a but :wink: ) Might he have done it to make sure the bike was not stolen?

And on the positive side, it do es mean he loves you and is concerned about you getting hurt.
    But not a very mature thing to do if he just wants to stop you riding.

I have bolt cutters, but it'll take me a while to get them to you :(

Please don't do a "tit for tat" retaliation (like chaining up his car), it doesn't help.

13. angle grinder is best bet....then go down the fish shop ....buy a nice big fish.....when he's not looking...put it in his esky out in the garage...when he opens it one day....phew..... :p
  14. Sure there wasn't another reason Lids?

I know they hate you riding and another reasonable reason is pretty unlikely, but just maybe.....
  15. Untame_me wrote:

You wait, I will!! Dad has even banned me from riding over to their place so guess what, once I'm feeling better, I'm going to ride over!!! hehehe. I wish I knew how to do burnouts, I would love to do some up and down the driveway !! :evil: :evil:

:D :D
  16. lol...

My parents offered me $10000 "toward a new car" if I stoped riding. This was when I was in hospital after my first and hopefully last accident.... Lol I bought my self a new bike (1980 SX250) 5 days after getting out and rode it around while I still needed cruches to get around on foot.... I was 18 and stupid... now I would let my feet heal...
  17. Mizz zzr wrote:

No mate, dad hates me riding and that's the truth. I told him over the phone I was riding up to Philip Island (originally I was going to until I got sick) and he told me I woz stupid and hung up on me. Lids shakes her head!!! :roll:

18. Yay...... :applause: :applause: :applause:

I'm sure many people here can do burnouts...........or alternatively, maybe one late night (after coffee or somethin').....we can all pay the driveway a visit......you tell us when, we'll all be there.

heheehe :twisted: :twisted:
  19. Lids... that's pretty harsh what your Dad did! I mean it is one thing to hate you riding, but to actually chain your bike up to stop you riding, that is going too far I think, in my opinion anyway.

I could get some bolt cutters but they are not much good to you in being here in Canberra unfortunately! Good luck with it all!

20. Better yet use the same chain :p