Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can NSW resident do L's in Victoria?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by moog, Nov 13, 2007.

  1. I've got a friend who is a NSW resident but is living in VIC full time for the next 6 months and wants to get his L's. He has a NSW drivers license?

    Is it possible to do in VIC? We need to make sure he has a license by christmas and trying to find a way to make it happen.

    What are the options?

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Visit a VicRoads office with NSW license and prroof of ID and pay a fee to convert license to Victorian. Supossed to do that after 3 mths anyways. Book in NOW for L's if want if by Xmas - several weeks wait at the moment!

  3. unless you need a renewal, there is no cost to transfer a license between states. (aside from your time of course). It will have the same expiry date as the nsw one.

    Have him get a Vic license, do the test and transfer back to a nsw license when he comes home.