Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

can i hook up more driving lights

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by GYPSY50, Aug 22, 2007.

1. can i put some more driving lights on scooter? the originals light are not enough.

2. Gypsy check with the Show & Go shop again they got a pair of street fighter headlights that might be worth checking (pretty powerful light by the looks of it). Ask them first if they're the right one for your scoot. I got a feeling that I might mod mine with it + the Semonini 70cc upgrades.

Go to the "specials" link & it's on the 2nd page...I'm gonna ask them tomorrow myself just in case I made a mistake.
  3. as the other have said, the short answer is YES.

many (perhaps most) small scoots are built with a fairly bare-bones electrical system, so any accessories you hook up might require heavier gage wiring and fuses. I would certainly caution you against doing something like simply chucking more powerful globes into your headlights, because that can over load the system and cause all sorts of trouble. If you went down the auxiliary light path and did it properly, it would be fine.
  4. Make sure you have enough power out of the alternator. Most scooters can only barely manage to run their normal headlights and starter motor.