Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can I borrow a bike trailer?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Good morning all.

I need to borrow a trailer for a couple of days. One that could carry a road-bike.... Assistance would be appreciated.

2. Mate...
    this is the second time(I think)you have asked for a trailer....
    did you end up with one last time...maybe you should buy a bike trailer... :wink:
  3. Yeah, I know..... Never ended up with one last time

I will probably buy a trailer, but it will need to be a roadbike trailer wide wider rails.... I may be able to borrow works expo box trailer... I would use this trailer maybe 3 times a year... Can justify the expense for such minimal use.
  4. As I recall, it wasn't ALL that expensive to hire a trailer....

:D :D :D
  5. True, not expensive, but I will need a bike trailer with wide rails... Cannot use a nornal 6x4 trailer as it wont fit and as the bike is heavy is will move around....

SO, it needs to be a proper bike trailer..... :roll: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. You can get both road and off road open trailers from servos, etc....just make sure before you hire that you specify what you want. Also, make sure they give you a ramp so you don't have to find a piece of wood or try to lift it on the trailer.....

7. You can hire proper bike trailers from petrol stations and such, you might have to oder it a few days in advance but I suggest you ask.
  8. Hey Lil and John

In all honesty, I dont know of ANY place that hires bike trailers with rails wide enough to fit a 190 read tyre.... :? If you do, PLEASE PLEASE let me know where... :)
  9. I know that Handy hire trailers have trailers that will fit a 190 rear. They have 300 outlets around Victoria.... www.handyhiretrailers.com.au

10. skuffy ,
    i have a trailer but i havent been able to change the tyres from the ford rims across to commadore rims .
    (i have the rims)
    and the wiring needs to be check (only one brake light working )
    when do you need it by?

11. hahaha
    Handyhire do have trailers
    but not if you live in the SE 'burbs!

I needed one to take the bike to PI on Monday (Track Day)
    but the nearest one they had to me (Bayside) was Doncaster :shock:
    after ringing around 20 servos (Shell Mobil etc) and found that
    NONE had bike trailers, I also tried Tandec Hire (Dandenong only!)
    I did find that KENNARDS HIRE at Moorabbin had one..... $38 a day
    and it would take 3 road bikes with wide tyres

12. If you know how to correctly secure the bike then I cannot see the need for a bike trailer, any box trailer should do the trick?
  13. I have a 4'6"X8' box trailer and i have had my harley on it twice, once battery once starter but luckily the starter sh!t itself at home so i only used the trailer to get it repaired. you can borrow it if you want but the fuel would cost more than trailer hire locally. If you do get stuck i should be able to get you one from the Glenroy area.