Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can Guzzi headlights be turned off ???

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Mickyb V9, Jun 23, 2006.

1. This morning while riding through the heavy fog in Sydney I noticed a red Moto Guzzi Brevia with the headlights turned off. I gave the rider the universal turn your light on sign (opening and clenching fist), but I don't think he noticed it since he too was probably concentrating riding though the fog.

Now i'm sure it was a Brevia and it wasn't a Cagiva Raptor, Honda VTR or similar looking naked since its the third time now i've seen a late model Guzzi with the headlights turned off !

If so, isn't this against ADRs ????

2. I thought it was fought off in 2000 (or 99) that bikes HAD to always have a working light on?
  3. In heavy fog it can actually make more sense to turn your lights off - otherwise they can just reflect back off the fog and reduce visibility. This is why foglights on cars are mounted lower, though most people still leave their main headlights on anyway, or don't realise that their "fog" lights are actually driving lights and are only making things worse :roll:.
  4. Undii, That article actually makes sense and seems to put forward a good argument for yellow "running" lights. Surely with moden LEDs this should not be a problem? Might get rid of some of the "SMIDSY" excuses. :roll: