Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can anyone recommend good budget accommodation at Goulburn?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by toast, Mar 1, 2009.

1. I'll be attending Alex Gobert's RRPA Level 1 course on Friday May 1st and want to stay overnight prior. I don't have a car or a trailer and will be riding up from Canberra on Thursday afternoon.

2. I was going to suggest commuting from Canberra, but hey! lol i didn't know you where based there. Try one of the pubs.
  3. Yeah, I thought about riding up from Canberra on the morning of the day. I've ridden that stretch many times. But, I don't want to have to get up too early and be rushing to make the 0730 hrs sign-in and inspection. I want a good sleep and good breakfast - without rushing it too much.
  4. Goulburn has a few pubs but I would recommend the Loaded Dog at Tarago ( www.loadeddoghotel.com/home.htm ) and generally use it when I am down that way.

The cost is around $40 per room but that includes breakfast and should you choose to have some dinner at the pub the night before, you sure won't be disappointed.

The publican (Mark) is a good bloke and will put you bike around back, locked in his personal yard and protected by his rabid Rotty. :LOL:

From Tarago to Wakefield is only around 15 - 20 minutes so it isn't much longer than is Goulburn.

5. That-is-just-awesome: most appreciated, Garry.

6. Hi Nick, I live in Goulburn, sorry I can;t tell you much about the accommodation, but if you want to say hi let me know :)

BTW what is an RRPA course?
  7. I once stayed at Comfort Inn Posthouse Motor Lodge, Hume Hwy. It was nearly 7 years ago. It was a nice motel. I can't remember if it was expensive or cheap.

Their phone number is: (02) 4821 5666

8. The Loaded dog info sounds good. If you're interested in a Motel, I have stayed at Trappers Best Western twice and was very happy with it: http://trappers.bestwestern.com.au/