Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Can a dealer do a rwc AND register a bike for me?[vic]

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Simon Lockington, Apr 6, 2009.

  1. Gidday guys,
    I have purchased a bike out of state (QLD - I live in VIC) and need to get a road worthy and VIC registration. I know that Peter Stevens can do the RWC, but can they also register the bike for me? I figured they must do it for brand new bikes anyway, perhaps it can be done for used ones?

  2. Generally only done if the bike is on their books.
  3. Yes, only if the shop owns it. You will have to get the rwc, then book an appointment to take the bike to vicroads.
  4. Hi Mate, I bought my bike form NSW last year. best suggestion is get the roadworthy and make an appointment yourself. as the bike will have no registration it will need to be sighted.
    If i was you i would do it myself and then go for a ride afterwards. You will be there for less than 10 minutes. Just call vicroads and ask them when the next available booking is.
    If you need a hand PM me and i can give you the details on what you will require to bring.