Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Camping Stoves

Discussion in 'Everything Else' at netrider.net.au started by Mr Flibble, Mar 26, 2014.

1. This review is a hoot - The action starts at about 23 mins in (in case the url doesn't work properly)

I like the firebox - looks like a clever desgin and good quality.

• Like Like x 3
  2. That was pretty funny.

If anyone is interested in another alternative camping stove, the whisperlite liquid fuel is the best.

If it is liquid and it burns you can use it to fuel the stove.

3. I use a Trangia Mini, I like it. I also own another cheap gas stove. I'm trying to justify buying the Firebox coz I think it's cool.

4. jet boiler is pretty good for hiking, depends on what you're using it for i guess

5. The video is great, sure got a few laughs. Gotta love the coke can.

6.  Top
  7. The firebox folds flat and costs half as much.

You can charge your phone or whatever from the bike.

8.  Top
  9. I was looking for a good wood gas stove once, but decided to use a few rocks around the fire with an cleaned out Milo tin instead. The prices at the camping store must have put me off, its not like I'm climbing up the side of Everest. I've got a proper stainless billy can now.

I use those Korean BBQ or Chinese Steamboat type gas burners now, they are only $15 and $20 for 5x200g refill canisters.

10. I have a Trangia look alike that cost about $50 on special. Works great at reheating, but I don't try anything too complicated in it.