Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Camping at PI

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by KANGA, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Hey guys looking at doing some track days down at the island later in the year (November). Just wondering if anyone has camped down there to do track days and what it was like.

2. To my knowledge the track campgrounds are only opened for major events (?)
    But there are several caravan parks around the island with sites.

I've stayed at Anchor Belle in Cowes, just your standard park and it was fine.

3. Yeah I'm looking in to the caravan sites at the moment, hoping someone can recommend one.

4.  Top
  5. We stayed at A Maze'N things Holiday park last time I was down there. Pretty good facilities and fairly close to the track. Much quieter than staying in Cowes.

6. There all pretty much the same, just depends on the little things you want.

As for distance.. the track is about 10mins at most from all over the island, as for traffic for the track-days in Nov, it is 2 weeks after the MotoGP(Busy) and a week before the V8 Supercabs(Normal) or a few days before the Island Magic(Increased amount) that week will be the slightly busier week if you come down.

7. You can get cheap rates at the waves apartments if your doing a Phillip Island ride day.

8. Oh and you want a good nights rest because you'll be knackered at the end of the day.

9. And then the ride home.

10. yeah this isn't my first track day, I know what to expect.

11. So how many days are you going to spend down at the island? Lighting trip-like the before day before and then head home after, or a few days pre and post trackday then back to Sydney?