Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Camp grounds at motogp PI

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Miri28, Aug 16, 2009.

1. I was pottering around the moto gp site to see what tickets are worth now, and it seems they are making extra cash on things which used to be free...

Bike parking and helmet storage now has a cost.
    Car Parking has a price too.

when looking to see if i can book a camp site,
    there is no information as yet, do they still offer camping at motogp ? been years since Ive gone, and it seems to have become more popular :)

2. Yes they still have trackside camping at the GP, although it's not as popular as it once was. There's a hard core group of enthusiasts who use it though.

I'm more likely to camp in a caravan park these days...
  3. i went last year and camped in a caravan park. it was ok but full of oldies in bed by 10pm. the track side looked a bit more exciting - up all night drinking - if thats yr bag. :)
  4. Im on a budget and cant afford accomadtion in town, for one person a room for the week would be hundreds.
    I used to camp at the High side camp grounds theyre more family orientated, more room, young children are safe there, much quieter than the wild parties at track side, but offcourse id be traversing across to have a drink and dance when the band is playing.

Is the highside camp ground still going these days?
  5. I don't think they officially separate the camp ground into trackside and highside like they used to anymore.
  6. Yep .. they do ...

See here: Phillip Island MotoGP Campground Bookings

Hope this helps :grin:

Cheers ....
  7. exactly what i was looking for, thankyou :)