Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Camera scared the bejesus out of me!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by TarmacSamurai, Mar 6, 2008.

1. So I went for a blat through the Nasho this afternoon. Lovely day, not much traffic = bloody marvellous. I road north to south, sat in the sun and ate a hotdog, then rode back again south to north (by far the superior direction).

On the way back, on the nice twisty section up from (I think ) Audley - or leading to it... whatever, I was enjoying the ride - there was a sudden moment of panic as I came around a bend and saw a dude in a white top standing behind a speed gun, pointing right at me.

What a mad place for a speed trap!

I'm not saying that I was speeding or anything, but you know...

After a moment's heart stop I realised that it was actually just some dude with a video camera. At the top of that section was a Range Rover turning around and heading back down the hill, so maybe he was filming that guy for some reason.

Anyway, if anyone reading this likes to randomly film people on the road, Bloody stop it!

:evil:

:LOL:

2. Heh, reminds me of one of the MR2 club runs - Zooming around the Old Pacific Highway's twistier bits we came around a nice sweeping corner, began to accelerate out, and there's a guy in a bright reflective vest with a digital SLR 'n a huge lens, tracking each of our cars around the corner and taking photos. :p

(We later discovered that he was shooting for a motorcycle magazine, but it scared the poop out of us at the time!)

3. There's a guy that stands on one of the corners on Putty... have seen him there twice now and he scared the hell out of me both times.

:shock:

4. Hey Dee, that was Karl :rofl: :rofl:

I gather you didn't even see me crouched down in the stormwater drain like a troll :LOL: :LOL:

5. There is often some dude at the 35 km/s corners down the bottom end of the park also snapping pictures. Some times at the hair pin corner just before bald hill.

6. WTF are u people whining for ???
    No-one EVER bothers taking pictures of me :cry: :cry:

:LOL: :LOL:

7. That was Jeff alright:LOL:

8. Nothing wrong with bald :)

9. I would mind a lot less if I got a copy of the tape. Mind you, it wouldn't be my best cornering, given the sphincter tightening that was happening.

:shock: