Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Camera on Reefton Spur

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by paul_b, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Anyone else notice the car and camera setup on reefton spur over the weekend? Had a big camera of some description inside and a video camera on a tripod outside.
    Survey of some description?

2. ARRB is doing a survey on behalf of Vicroads and MUARC on motorcycle blackspots.

You can not be done for speeding/whatever by the ARRB vehicle, they are only gathering data on the road usage.
  3. They gonna post any pikkies of the knee down shots so we can critique them? :p
  4. Ha Ha, don't think I would like to have my knee down where it was.
  5. Do they give you time to check your hair and make-up?
  6. Saw them up last week surveying corners, at 5:30 with the sun quickly receding,

Good on em for doing something.
  7. *slight hijack*

i saw these guys (ARR8) bout 3 days ago i think, on Burwood Hwy just near Jeffery Honda. i belive they were purposely running red lights hahaha. they had a few cameras/surverying equipment set up, and roadworks signs/cones out. either 1 or two of the cars had the number plate "SAMPLE", so im guessing they were testing the RLC's.

what else do the ARRB do?
  8. http://www.arrb.com.au/ :wink:

_joel_ has probably seen/heard about them - they're in his field too (road surface testing etc)