Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Calling Sydney parents

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by emsie, May 23, 2007.

1. Evening all,

My gf and I are heading to Sydney in July for a week or so, a matter of weeks after our baby is born. Is there anyone out there who has a capsule/car seat suitable for a newborn that we could possibly borrow for a week? Would be paying for it through anyone who rents them out, so willing to offer money for the week - just not keen on a capsule for which I don't know where its ben if you know what I mean ;)

If it helps any, we'll be in town from the 22nd of July to the 29th of July and the seat/capsule will be fitted in my mother-in-law's car for the duration.

Any one out there who'll be able to help us out? :)

Thanks!

2. Well just how fast is the little tyke gonna grow?

[​IMG]

And why wouldn't he/she fit in a Ventura rack?!?

3. I'll try find out from my oldies if they have one spare cause I have neeces and nepews mind the spelling. If i have something I'll let you know.

Cheers

4. Mmmm yep, pretty sure she'd fit in a ventura rack according to that image - no bike though, so ventura rack might be pointless ;)

As for how fast she's planning on growing, she'll be in the "baby capsule" size range, however some of those are suitable from birth :)

5. Thanks buddy :D

6. If you go via Melbourne, I have a car capsule in excellent condition you are welcome to use, but I suspect you are going direct to Sydney!!

7. Contact your hospital, they often rent them very very cheap. That's what I did untill mine got big enough for a seat.

8. I already have a capsule and a car seat for both of my cars here in Adelaide - I'll be in Sydney for a week and I'm not too keen on taking mine out of the cars because we'll have paid to have them both properly installed (not to mention putting them on the plane!).

Hence why I'd like to see if we can borrow one while we're there from someone who's not using theirs or doesn't need theirs anymore :)

9. Emsie I never paid to install them, I just did it myself. Yeah planes are a pain for capsules.