Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Calling Kawasaki knowledge heads.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by robsalvv, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Folks,

I'm looking for a kwaka OEM muffler model listing, that describes their can's by their KHI numbers and what model they're meant to fit.

I've got a 2nd hand OEM can given to me. The guy thinks it's from a late model 9R - but he's not sure... if I had a list, I could cross reference it's KHI number as it is different from my own scratched up can.

With some mods I can make the other can fit... still, I'd like to know what bike it came from.

Thanks in advance folks.

2. try the krsc forums, if you don't get any luck here, there are just a couple of kackier riders over there that also might be able to help you....

cheers stewy
  3. Thanks Stewy. Message posted at KRSC-au.
  4. Ring a Kwaka dealer .. give them the number and ask them what it is :)
  5. G'day ibast. I went there already.

Interestingly the part number on the microfiche has nothing to do with the number stamped on the muffler.

Still love to know an answer... the local kwaka dealer doesn't know anything more than what the microfiche says...

6. My muffler has the markings KHI K 445

The 2nd hand one has the markings KHI K 411.

What model does the 2nd hand muffler belong too????