Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Calling Brissie Netriders...

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by timnkoo, Apr 6, 2007.

1. OK, so I think I have to call out any Brissie bikers that know how to hold a spanner. I have an 05 Yammy R6 and I'm replacing a cracked crankcase (left side engine case). I have the new case ready and have got the old case off EXCEPT for the stator stuff (mind my mechanical ignorance) that is connected to the inside of the case. The bolts are T30 Torx style and I have type of screwdriver required to undo them but I simply cannot undo them...they are sooo damn tight.

I cannot ride it to a shop now since everything is apart so I thought I would play my 'near last resort' card and call on anyone that think they can offer assistance. I am located in Yeronga, on the south side of Brissie. So yeah if you are willing to help give me a yell, as it will be MUCH APPRECIATED!!. Beer can be arranged for your effort :wink: . Other than that not sure what I can do :?

Cheers guys,
    Tim

2. Hmm, I could offer an added level of brute force and stupidity, but probably not a lot beyond that. Do you have a manual for it or something? I wonder whether they're intentionally locktited or something... But yeah, if it's just muscle you need, I could come over and help out.

3. Thanks for the reply Bravus. I have looked over the workshop manual and it says that it has had LOCTITE applied. This is bad for the home mechanic? hmmm.

4. Loctite makes it more difficult but you should still be able to get them out, its not concrete. I wish i could offer you some miracle advice as i know the frustration. I had a sheared bolt in my rack mount, I had the luxury of leaving it in and giving up lol.

Best of luck :-k

5. Thanks for the reply guys... i will go out and get a jet lighter and try this first. Will let you know how I get on.

Tim

6. Tim- I can give you a hand- but I don't know how much use I'd be- barely know a spanner from a hammer! :oops:

7. i can 'hold' a spanner...... :?

oh, u mean u need someone who can do more than 'hold'?

i make a mean cup of coffee........

sorry, can't be much more help than that.

8. I have torx socket set, impact driver, rattle gun and air compressor as well if required.

Ahh the joys of being an old mechanic - you have every tool you need but struggle to find them all in the shed......

Pm me details I can probably help out, and bring the compressor and stuff around in the half cage :D

9. Pm sent ... Things have become worse :oops:

Tim

10. Awww well... thats part of the fun.

11. All sorted. He should be riding it by late this afternoon.

12. YAY, thank goodness for ex-mechanics seeing the light and joining netrider!!!

:wink:

13. You're never an ex-mechanic, you just work less and less hours..... :wink:

14. i'm sure we could manage to change that !!!!!

at least i know who to contact if my little bike doesn't start after being alone for a couple of weeks..... :p

15. Given the state of my mortgage i may have to agree on you with that one :p

16. Well done.
    Thank-you for helping Tim out slow_suzuki. :grin: