Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Calling all bike girls. HRCA Broadford(Vic) Sunday 1 July 07

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by G, May 13, 2007.

1. Hey all,

A friend of mine is involved with the running of a track day at Broadford partly aimed at encouraging girls, particularly first timers to the track. There are separate girls and boy group sessions.

I was at Broadford yesterday and it is great fun to ride.

I've added a link below:

2. sounds like fun! can boys compete with girls?
  3. Should be fun indeed. In this case, I believe they are placing girls in separate sessions to the boys, to a degree to encourage girls who may otherwise feel intimidated by the boys and vice versa on their first outing on the track.
    Also from what I understand it is not a open race practice session and it is not a competition. Preston MCC and Hartwell MCC tend to cater more for that. :grin:
    Ooo, its sunny outside, I'd better go for a ride lest the battery goes flat...
  4. Oh ..... no weekend work for a change - tempting, tempting :wink:
  5. Go on; you know you want to... :wink:
  6. Forms downloaded - we shall speak Brother G :wink:
  7. This sounds very tempting. I've never been on a track before.

I'm still on a 250 (vtr) would that matter? Plus I don't have a tacho! I will need to beg someone for a loan of some leather pants.

It sounds like FUN!!!!! :grin: :grin:

C'mon where are the rest of the Netrider girls?

8. a VTR250 @ Broadford will be an excellent combination. Regardless of whether it's for girls or not, time at a track is always fun.

Tacho's are not needed. You rev it until it doesn't rev no more. Then you change gear. And repeat. Just remember to make the occasional turn and you will have a hoot.

Go on!!
  9. G, I know this isn't your ride, but you know the organisers. Why are they requiring you to have a one day MA licence when none of the other organisers require one? A stand alone Champions day is only $135.
  10. cejay, I'll have to ask them to be sure. I have emailed via the link to Pamela to clarify the situation.
    I would hazard a guess that it has something to do with the difference between the organisers. On the one hand you have professional outfits such as Champions and PIRD and on the other MA affiliated clubs; I am assuming HRCA is one and would say Preston MCC is another.
    Also it will most likely have something to do with the different ways in which insurance coverage is dealt with.
  11. I've received a reply from Pamela and the reason for the MA licence for the day fee is as mentioned in the above post. :grin:
  12. I hope to be far too hung over to attend... :wink: (30th birthday)
    I've sent an email requesting to be "out on the list for next time"
  13. Can be arranged I am sure
    :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  14. Awwwww....got my invite in the mail last night........

Shame I am in the wrong state! If it were in summer, I would be booking the ferry trip right now!! :LOL: :LOL:

Next time I s'pose........ :cry:
  15. do I read correctly that its road-registered bikes only? I was thinking of taking my partners track bike out??
  16. I believe you have read that correctly.
  17. Well lm booked in and doing this track day on sunday and looking forward to it :twisted:

Is anyone else heading up there for the track day??
  18. Hmmm 2 pages and l havent seen anyone say they are actualy going

Anyone???? :?: :)
  19. I might go just to have a perve :?
  20. Well be sure to come up and say hello. Im on a blue k6 gixxer and l will be wearing a black & baby blue joe rocket suit

I was about to say l have long blonde hair, but l have had a color change..lol, and now its like a plum color

Hopefully l will run into someone l know there :)