Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

California Dreaming

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Hey All,

I came across one of my old riding websites and they have upgraded.

This shows some of the world best riding areas in the US. I have done virtually every road (several times) in California and Nevada.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do/did. :)

2. Doesn't everybody ride Harleys in the US?

Cool site, mate. Riding the US (well, part of it anyway) is still definitely on my "list of things to do".

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but sooooooooon...
  3. Damn it, I miss that place sooo much.

DAMN DAMN DAMN, I am bloody crying like a flippin baby... :( :( :(
  4. Now I have the words "All the leaves are brown (All the leaves are brown) and the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)" stuck in my head.
  5. Mitch, you know I love you n all, so don't take this the wrong way.

If you love the place THAT much, why are you here?

Kinda makes me feel like you're shunning this MAGNIFICENT country of ours which bore you [I'm just takin a stab that you are actually Australian cause you speak like one :p ] Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.
  6. I did highway 1 from LA to San Fransico and back.
    One word "Amazing!!!"

I even manage to get my partner to spew due to the constant twisty road.
  7. That road's been on my "must-do" list for years. I always planned to hire a convertible 'Stang, just to get into the spirit of things.

But a bike would be awesome. Shame I won't be able to afford to do this till I'm about 93...
  8. highway 1 is like the great ocean road but longer and you ride on the wrong side of the road.

America, there is no such thing as excessive!!!
  9. Miss ZZR.

I am planning on going back, just trying to line up the right position/employer, etc etc
  10. oh good, make sure theres a spare spot on the shed for me :D