Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Calc. gear ratios from different sprockets?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by scooter, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Just wondering if someone could help me out with calculating the difference between sprocket combinations, there must be a formula for this type of question?

The bike has a combination of two rear sprockets a 44 and a 48, and three front sprockets, a 10 an 11 and a 12.

I need to know the difference between a 10/44 and a 11/48? (ignoring the difference smaller sprockets make to drag please)

2. You divide the lower one into the higher one to get the ratio. eg: 48/12=4 or 4:1
  3. jump on www.ozsportsbikes.com they've got a calculator under the "useful tools" section in the menu :wink:
  4. hmmm
    somewhere here..in this study
    i have a guide..the guide to all men
    of EVERY front and rear sprocket combo known to man
    its here somewhere..I will find it, this table of ratios
    I know its here

and when i find it
    i will answer ya question..... :eek:
  5. Thanks fellas that's hat I was looking for and that link looks pretty usefull too coconuts. :D

I had worked it out the way that you said mjt57, but needed the second opinion to convince myself that I was on the right track.