Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cagiva X-Raptor - Talk Me Out Of It!

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Bravus, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Check this thing out: it's the Predator in bike form!

2005 Cagiva Xtra-Raptor 1000 for sale

It would be a hell of a lot of fun to ride: the TL1000 motor without the (apparently) terrifying headshakes of that bike.

I do know all the arguments against, too: parts and servicing are likely to be impossible when it's one of a thousand in the world and a couple in the country.

But damn, it's tempting, at least to my inner teenage boy.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. If they hadn't detuned that motor, I would have bought a Navigator a while ago, for similar reasons.
    It's a gamble that you don't need anything that can't be replaced. A good bodger could sort out most mechanicals but bodywork, forget it.

FWIW my mate still has a TLR and he has never experienced head-shake even on track. But it is a later one with the tweaks, and he is expert.
  3. Left your run too late it is marked as sold.
  4. #4 Bravus, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Saved from myself. ;)

I'm a dude who needs one bike that works every day. To own one of these, I'd want at least 2 bikes and plenty of cash, so if I had to wait on a part coming from Italy or Japan for 3 months I wouldn't be stuck.

Something Japanese and bulletproof would be the thing... but it's still fun to dream.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. won't try to talk you out of it, on the contrary, buy it. the TL1000 is an awesome motor and the Xtra-Raptor looks to be awesome and a fair bit unique.