Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cagiva Mito

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by nelda, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Hi guys,

I rode bike for about 10 years and stopped about 5 years ago.
    It's time to pick it up again and do the whole L things again.

I got my eyes set on Cagiva Mito. What is the general feeling about the bike, maintenance wise? I know being 2 stroke would be a bit of a hassle but I'm ready to go through it for the look :p

But how about spareparts? cost of maintance compare with other brand, etc? Cheers.
  2. Awesome little bikes, mini ducati's really, look good, nice features, fun to thrash around. Cant speak much about parts in Aus but you can get them from www.pjme.co.uk which is where I get my Aprilia parts, generally come in about 8 days and are pretty well priced
  3. What sort of riding do you intend doing and perhaps most importantly what do you weigh? :)
  4. +1

And how tall are you, these are pretty small bikes.
    Hope you don't plan on commuting too far on it often, or touring around often....

I suspect parts cost and availability would be on par with Aprilia, exe and hard to come by.
  5. hmm,

I am 165cm, 75Kg
    My brain say VTR250 but my heart say Mito !!

Mainly commute (45-50km) daily.
  6. Getting a 2moke when you're main use of the bike is for commuting is silly.

Mind you, bikes are about fun..

Up to you, but the vtr will be more fun and alot easier to ride in traffic, and cheaper, easier to maintain, etc. etc. etc.
  7. Now we know your intended use involves a large daily commute, a 2smoke is not the best suited to slow stop start traffic. With those sort of km commuting, it's about 200-50km per week, thats a rebuild a year with some weekend riding thrown in.

I'm with Phiz, it would be a less than wise decision, wondering have you ever sat on one? They are quite uncomfortable for more than 30 mins..
  8. Nelda, DON'T DO IT! (i.e. what they ^^^ said) :)

They're brilliant at many things but getting "off the line" is not one of them. So I wouldn't even contemplate it for stop-start commuting usage. And as fate would have it that is exactly where the VTR _shines_.

As a side benefit you get reliability with the VTR too. :wink:

FWIW, I have regular access to both of these bikes and have done considerable mileage on both so just ask if you're interested in more detailed or specific comparisons.
  9. Yep. I'm about 6ft7in and cop a lot of "did Santa buy you a new tricycle for Xmas"/"Look at the circus bear kids" when getting around on the Cagiva. :LOL:
  10. Thanks for all the wise comments.
    I went and inspected a VTR250 last night and the bike looked better than I remembered.
    So I guess logic wins! Let's the hunt for VTR250 begins :grin:
  11. The VTR is better if your going to be doing commuting
  12. Yeah get a naked bike for your daily commute, when your experience [and restrictions] are up go and buy a screamer.

Oh I have a bike for sale :grin:
  13. :LOL:

BTW, if everything goes well, I would be a proud owner of a black VTR250 from Q'land. But the dealer would do all the paperworks for me.
  14. I use my RS125 as a daily commuter and it is fine. Although I only commute 50kms per day and most of it is up a 100km/h freeway. Most days there isn't much stop start traffic but when there the little 2stroke gets a bit hot!
  15. The VTR is as much fun as you can have around town on a quarter of a litre. Go for it!
  16. Canberra, commuting? Pfft! :)
  17. I commute my 2stroke into the city everyday and I don't have a problem

i just ride in the bus lane for 80% of the journey

i don't really "stop" much either cos i lane split the rest

[edit] spelling