Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

cagiva mito 125 on ebay...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by n3lly, Aug 19, 2006.

1. hi guys,
    just bidded on a cagiva mito 125 for like 3.5k.. 1994 model.. it ok i guess.. well just want a bike 2 learn on for starts so shouldnt be 2 bad rite??

but then im having 2nd thoughts.. im a bit worried if it would run or has problems. but i guess its good deal.. humm

all i can do is looking foward in getting the bike.

2. $3500 for a 12 year old bike which is only a 125cc? Even if it is a 2-stroke (hope you are mechanically minded) I do not think that is a wise choice. You would be better off looking for a newer model 4-stroke as a first bike.

3. You will get a lot of replies like that.
    I think the price is about the maximum for that bike and the bike itself is a bit of a worry.
    Easy enough to learn on but it is italian and a 2 stroke.
    Hope that somebody outbids you....

4. 3.5k is a bit to much but i guess.. its a good looking bike and it wont be my main use so i gues it ok. 2 stroke does require alot of mechanical maintance but im sure ill get a few helping hands from my friend or even people in here.. but yea..

well i was the wininng hahaha.. humm well yea.. just gotta check out the bike?
    any good seggution of mobile mechainic i can ask 2 check the bike??

thnks for the replys guys

5. Not to mention the rebuilds that are essential for continued operation.

Not having a dig, but perhaps you should have inspected the bike before buying it. It being a 2-stroke perhaps makes this even more important.

Motorcycle Inspection Services

This guy has received some positive feedback from people on this forum. I can vouch that he is extremely helpful with enquiries and advice even though I did not end up utilising his services.

6. sweet!
    Thanks haggismaen.
    humm well ill probly get it checkd up on monday soo yea.. i let u guys kw how it goes and all..

7. Cannot stand the sound of 125s. Sound like lawnmowers :(

8. Theyre a great looking bike, if it runs well then youll be happy as.
    If not, throw some $$ at it and see where you end up.
    even if you got to $7000 by the time its running right and looking the goods, its still cheaper and more fun than an old bommodore or any other cage.

Have fun mate.