Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cage Tried To Squish Me

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by enforcer, Feb 12, 2006.

1. ...I know I know, ALL cages try to squish riders...but this one tried to do it on purpose :!:

Let me tell you about my day first.

I slept in which was great. Thought I'd go to the spur now that I know where it is. I nearly crashed two times on the way going through Kinglake and nearly crashed again dodging what looked like a giant rat on the road. On the way back I nearly crashed again going through Kinglake but made it home alive with nice layer of freshly killed bugs on my visor.

I don't stay home for long, I change from tinted to a clear visor and head off to St. Kilda. At St. Kilda athough it's a Sat night there is more traffic then usual. With traffic backed up I start to filter through the stationary traffic, as you do. While filtering the lights turn green and next think I know there's this cage on the right of me flooring it so that I can't rejoin the line. I see the cage speeding up for me so I hold in the clutch and rev the tits out of my across. I see this cage floor it even harder straight into the back of the next car. I role past laughing my head off :LOL: still holding the clutch in giving it quick bursts from the throttle.

I've made it home alive, today was a good day :)
  2. F*ck, I wouldve been pissing myself as well :LOL:

Serves da prick right :grin:
  3. What? so the bastard actually rear ended someone? What....a.....prick.....

Dumb bastard coulda killed you!
  4. See?
    Lane splitting does save lives!
  5. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I would love to have seen the look on his face!
  6. I don't get it? If you were unable to rejoin the normal lane on your right, you were still splitting? How did he try to squish you then if you hadn't joined the normal line? Was their a big gap between the car in front of this guy? Sounds like there must have been if he "floored" it twice. And if the lights just wen't green, how did such a big gap occur?
  7. hahah that made my day.
  8. :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's four times pre-cage! Something to be said for the ol' Scouting motto... "Be Prepared"! Take it easy enforcer :wink: .

Gotta admit, though, you've seen what we all dream of... I would've had to pull up & get the laughing out of my system :LOL: .
  9. That would have been a sight to see! I'm glad to hear that you made it through the day! :shock: I'm just assuming here, but I take it each time you get on your bike doesnt result in half a dozen or so near death experiences? :p
  10. It's a little hard to explain, it wasn't at all a big gap, probably a max of two car lenghts at each time.

The intersection has a stop light and straight after there are two give way signs that cross tram tracks. It's on the corner of Carlisle St and Acland St St Kilda just in front of Club X and not too far from Luna Park entrance.

I'm on Carlisle St approaching Acland St and there are parked cars left of me but approaching the intersection the road narrows slightly. I was splitting and I was just left of their bonnet with ~ just under two car lengths free space in front of ?him/her?. Approaching the intersection which will soon narrow I no longer want to split and want to rejoin. When I sped up to rejoin all you hear is wheel spin / or the cage being "floored" so that I couldn't rejoin, this is where I nearly got squished :) The lights are still green and it's still a crawl. I am still splitting. This person is obviously looking at me because he/she is right of me and there is another gap opening up and increasing in front of them. This is when I rev, cage wheel spins again, green light but right after there is a give way sign. Crunch.

I roll past :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: and blipping throttle.
  11. Nah this was low speeds through traffic. He probably would have hurt my right leg if he/she hit me the first time he/she sped up.

Probably wanted me to wait my turn in traffic.
  12. I'm a fairly safe rider. It's Kinglake that's not!!! Narrow roads, no barriers, wet patches, gravel, limited/no signs.
  13. So this guy was trying to cut you off?, what a sucker...I would have been laughing uncontrollably.
  14. haha serves him right for trying to stop you getting in

do feel sorry for him
  15. Sounds like Karma got the cager.
  16. I feel sorry for the cage that got hit from behind.
  17. Ha ha made my day reading that , but be careful low speed accidents can cause serious damage aswell , reminds me of a incident years ago when I was on my way home from work sitting at the lights in my old mazda 626 2 litre took off pretty quick and a guy in a vn commodore decided it was race time :roll: so he's weaving in and out of cars to catch up and he finally manages to get beside me and a brand new BMW pulls out of a driveway ...he hit's it fair up the rear doing about 70 I stopped to make sure everyone was alright , then asked what he was doing ? just playing around was the answer .. he's probably still paying for the beemer :p
  18. Ahhhh Justice
    for a stupid car driver :LOL:

thanks for the laugh :LOL: :butt:

hopefull this stupid car driver will have more respect for Bike riders
    but i doubt it [-X
  19. What a pissa! :grin: The person got what they deserved, what a moron.
  20. Yeah me too :)