Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cadbury madness

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by jirf88, Oct 20, 2009.

1. So ever since the Gorilla smashing on those purple drums, Cadburys adverts have been getting stranger and stranger.Their marketing dept must be on some primo drugs, and more often than not.

It seems all of this psychedelic substance abuse has culminated into their most recent advert. A purple Lamborghini Murcielago going around a racetrack to a very famous piece of classical music, the name of which I do know although it eludes me for the moment. While assorted breeds of dogs hang their heads out the window.

:tantrum: IT MAKES NO SENSE! :tantrum:
  2. That's weirder than the kids with the eyebrows? That was just disturbing.....
  3. makes me wanna buy nestle
  4. It makes lots of senseā€¦
    Your talking about it here.
    They get advertising that goes beyond the time slot they paid for.
    They win.
  5. It was a close call. But my deductions are as follows:

The activities depicted in both adverts relate in no way at all to the product.
    The liberal use of Cadbury purple is the only link to the product.
    Where the kids and balloons one falls is that the kids are both dancing to/making the music. The dogs, on the other hand... There is just no sense to be made.

Edit: Yes FL, I realise the mechanics behind this kind of advertising. Stop being so clinical and enjoy it ;)
  6. Every week or so one of the local stupormarkets has Lindt on special.
  7. Interesting, as you say it causes comment and that's the goal. :)

Music is Johann Strauss: The Blue Danube Waltz
  8. #8 Roaster, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    I love those ads - the kids with the eyebrows one was great. I was not able to find the new one with the dogs though - is there a link?

This one freaks me out - the [URL="]skittles beardy experience[/URL].
  9. #9 fekkinell, Oct 21, 2009
  10. Linnnnk???

Never mind, someone posted while I was posting!
  11. #11 Roaster, Oct 21, 2009