Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cadbury does reefton !

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bamm-Bamm, Dec 11, 2005.

1. It was a glorious day when we awoke and with Shan not having time to go riding lately...we thought we had better make the most of it. Our visitors left at 8:30 and we were out the door in search of some nice twisties soon after.

We travelled up the black spur to Marysville for an early lunch then down reefton through to Warburton, then through Lilydale to home. We had a few stops along the way for a bit of a rest but Shan was having an absolute ball I was very impressed with how she went for her first time riding on some very twisty roads.

We just got home and apart from having a sore arse and sore wrists she had a great day...The Across ran like a charm although we may have to get pete the pom to tune it up, as it seems to be running pretty rich...either that or it needs a damn good flogging :twisted: ...well as much as you can flog an Across anyway:LOL:

2. Well done!!! :D
    So many new riders have a stigma about riding the twisties... good on her for hitting the hills for the first time - no doubt she'll be wanting to go back up there next weekend! ;)
  3. well doe shan :applause: :applause: :applause:

Hope you enjoyed yourself and that keith was good enough to keep an eye on you?

great to hear!!
  4. All I can say is I'm glad I had no idea where we were going ... If I had know we were doing Reefton and Black Spur I may have had second thoughts. By the time I realised it was the Black Spur I was having too much fun to turn around and go home. \:D/ :D
  5. Good onya Shannon!! Great to hear you're no longer a spur virgin ;) :p
  6. wel done! now when is it my turn to go on the back of your bike......