Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cable sleeving....

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Mr Messy, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Hey guys.
    Middle of doing all my mods its occurred to me - i have no means to make all this wiring faff nice and tidy... So it got me thinking about my computer with all my nice cables sleeved up and neat...

Does anyone know of a nice easy high temp cable sleeving for bikes?

My PC-V and Autotune cables came pre-braided i noticed shortly later, and im not sure where you get a braided sleeving that can handle a little heat.
    Any suggestions?

Fleabay not proving much help...

2. Conduit Dressing, it is split so you can cover existing wires and is heat and solvent resistant.

3. Ta mate, not the same stuff used but a good alternative if i cant find the sexy braiding :D. Probably works better lol.

4. Sigh, I was taught to loom wires using old school lacing techniques. It pains me to see tape and cable ties these days.

Anyway, if you want braids, try somewhere like RS Components. They used to sell the stuff, buts its been a while.