Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Cabinet maker needed

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by vic, May 10, 2007.

1. Folks,

Anyone here a or know of a cabinet maker that can build me a bench.

It's a fairly simple job, its 650 mm deep by 3245mm wide, then right angle's out for a further 3110mm.

It's basically an "L" shaped bench that I want to put into the study and lose the current setup.

Nothing fancy, other than it having a few holes in the back for hte cables to run down. Oh, and unlike one that I would build, I'd like it to stay up ;)

2. I think Phanoogy is a cabinet maker.

3. Be that as it may, I too can build one that is on an angle, bent and half hanging on ;)

If he is then I'd like for him to give me a quote
  4. Yeah i need one too, at a good price.
    Vic, can you please let me know how you go?

5. Hey Vic,
    My Housemate is pretty handy with making things. He's built all the shelves in our kitchen and made bookshelves and cabinets and used to work as a cabinet maker. What kind of material are you wanting it made from?
  6. Perfect, thats what I need, it looks fairly straight ;)

I need it to basically, line 2 walls of my study, see plan below. Location is where the red lines are.

I do like the white but I might get yelled at by the finance dept.

The idea of having a raised platform where I can sit the monitors and store shit underneath it appeals to me heaps.

I was thinking more of a bench that is bolted to the wall with some L brackets? as in a large 90 degrees L that is fabricated and then assembled in the study?
  7. So I take it you don’t want any cabinets underneath the bench top?
    They L brackets better be extremely strong as they’re going to be taking a bit of weight there...
    Someone did come in and was after something like that for an office....I told him to go away in a nice sort of way

Im a kitchen maker and it’s just nothing like that so I will have to put it into the too hard and better for someone into that sort of thing

If you are after cheep priced kitchen tops for this project I can get them ordered in at cost (less for cash deal too)

8. My house is 3 years old.

Had I known that no fcuker out there can build me a bench, I would have asked the builder to do it for me :roll:

How hard could it be? two pieces of wood(kitchen benches even) joined at right angles, supported against the wall with some L brackets, 4 metal feet supporting the front of the bench.

Ahh well, perhaps I'll ask a butcher or a florist to build me one, not one cabinet maker has been able to make a bench for me :(
  9. As you said yourself even you can do it...BUT you want someone to do it for you so it don’t fall down, I too could also do it but I have not done anything like it and would only be guessing at what is needed to secure it in a safe way
  10. Not having a go at you dood.

Just frustrated that I've had so many people through to quote the job and some say $3,500 some say, nah mate, it's too hard for us or they just don't turn up.