Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

C6 disc bulge

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Jeimbo, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Going into hospital Monday week for a cortsone injection under CT scan into the C6 disc which is bulging and causing pain into shoulder then down upper arm with pins and needles from elbow to finger tips.

Had it for months and physio been doing no good. Hard to ride due to pain and discomfort and now losing strength which is noticeable when braking.

Anyone had the needle before? Do any good?

Ta

2. If they hit the spot the needle is super effective.
    I may need to do it to my elbow.

3. Here's hoping the radiologist is a champion darts player who scores a "180" when he stabs me!!

I had cortisone into my elbow tendons for the infamous tennis elbow and it did make a difference.

4. yep, herniated a disc @ L3 in 2000.
    countless physio, and then the needle, and it was good for quite some time.
    recurred in 2005, more of the same, and pretty good now.

sore backs suck. nobody believes you, or understands how much they hurt.
    even a trip to the throne was challenging. although i'm not sure you could apply enough pressure, whilst downloading, to trouble the cervical region of the spine. it would have to be one hell of a cable!
    good luck with it.

5. I've seen the needle and the damage done.

6. Works great.. My OH had one in his neck, after being bedridden for almost a week due to pressure on the nerves from a bulging disk.

He was up and walking around within a day.

It seemed like a scary procedure though........

7. Rock On