Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Byrners Suzuki @ Seaford, Victoria

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Danzotron, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with Byrners Suzuki in Frankston / Seaford in Vic and what their experience was like.. looking to buy a new bike from them but wanna know what they are like in regards to looking after their customers / quality of their bike maintenance / repairs etc

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I did a search and it didn't really return anything..

2. If this is your first bike and first time buying new I advise taking someone else with you to thrash out the deal and even better if you know what you want before walking in.

Negotiate a "ride away" price and if they are fair dinkum you should be able to get the first service for free if not another ongoing servicing deal and at least a 20% discount on anything else you buy.

If you dont get at least all that go somewhere else.

Dealers often get better insurance deals for customers too so ask about that.
  3. Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply. It's not my first bike, just shopping for an upgrade!

Any ideas on what they are like in regards to my other questions?

4. Hey Dan,

I bought my bike from byrners and they were good to deal with. I have also bought some other accessories and have done good deals on them.
    Can't help you out with service side of things as i do my own services.

Cheers Cam
  5. Cheers for the reply
  6. What sort of a bike are you looking for?
    If you go a few shops up to Freestyle Honda the blokes in there are pretty good to deal with to. They are pretty easy to bargain with, go in there and see what you can do. I just got a Shift leather jacket that was around 590 for 400 bucks with some friendly barter.
  7. Hey,

Yeah I know Freestyle is good. Used to be school mates with a mechanic there. I'm looking for a GSXR 750 specifically I guess. To me it looks like the perfect bike :)
  8. Can you tell us what they are letting them out the door for $$?
  9. No idea, they didn't have a price sitting on it. I didn't enter any sort of barter over it. Will probably go back with more serious intentions this weekend.
  10. Their sales is ho-hum, but service department is excellent. Bought my bike from there.
  11. I found the same.

If I was you, why not get a Honda? They are all so similar these days and if you know the mechanic you are laughing. Their parts/service guys are also honest and good to deal with.

I'd go the Honda (and I own a suzuki!).
  12. I haven't bought a bike from there but I get my bike serviced by them regularly and have always been happy with their work. What I like the most is they listen and don't treat me like an idiot. I will do more work on my bike now that I have a garage but big things will most likely be dealt with there until I gain confidence and time. :LOL: