Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bye bye dirtbikes - hello Netrider!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by moog, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Hey All,

Been reading this forum for a few weeks now - awesome!

I've been riding for about 15 years but havn't ridden on the road for years. Started with an XR200, then an XL200 Then an XR250 (bored to 280) then thought I'd try my hand at road riding and bought a Suzuki Across but almost became mess on someones windscreen on a ride through Galston Gorge when I was on my L's.

So went back to trail riding and bought an RMX250, but about a year later my car got hit by lightning and I had to sell me bike to get a new car. The lightning was "an act of god" so insurence didn't pay me out full amount so I needed the money.

But after a couple of years of no bike I've been itching to get back into it. So I'm booked in to do my L's mid November and have put a deposit on a Yamaha VSTAR Custom Midnight Edition 08 model.

Forums been really helpful and I'm really looking forward to meeting up with some of you soon!

2. Welcome to Netrider. I guess you're in Sydney somewhere? Check out the NSW Rides section.
  3. welcome to NR and welcome back to the road, hope it is everything you had hoped your last experience would be
  4. Welcome to NR moog Where do you live?
  5. G'day and your welcome to Netrider, have a look around and enjoy your stay. :grin:
  6. Welcome to NR! Suggest you watch The Man Who Sued God and follow suit (no pun intended). :wink:
  7. ^ Good movie!!

--- Welcome to our humble abode... And welcome to the world of the road riding :D
  8. Welcome moog :grin:
  9. I live in Sydney, innerwest.

And will be keeping my bike away from all storms!
  10. Stay away from S.E.Qld in Spring / Summer then. I had hail bouncing off my helmet the other week. :grin:
  11. Welcome to our madhouse Moog & back to riding.

See if you get yourself along to one of the coffee meets around town.

Got stuck in hail the other week myself...not pleasant.

Anyway, enjoy.