Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

buzzing noise every gear 4000-4500rpm cbr600rr 07

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by vtecr, Jul 28, 2009.

1. was annoying me for a while, i thought it was the fairings, or the tank but the bloody oggy knob - left one buzzes. I went for a ride and was with one hand touching everything until i came to this,
    everything seems tight,
    anyone had similar problems and their fixes?
    i know i have to take everthing apart one day....

thanks in advance

2. rear stand it and check it out again
  3. My Across did the exactly the same thing in exactly the same rev range, turned out it was the automatic cam chain tensioner which stuck.

Easy fix for me, just went out and bought a new one ($110) and whacked it in.

Pain in the arse was I had to remove the carbies to get access to it.

I'm not to sure about yours but it could you in the right direction of where to start fixing.

Good luck with it
  4. I've had a similar problem with the third eye/ position lamp above the headlights vibrating on the screen. Adjusted the screen and position lamp so there's a slightly larger gap around the lamp.

5. Try a spring washer underneath the bolt head, between the mounting bolt and the washer, will keep it nice and tight.
  6. hmmm I'm noticing a similar issue, but I dont have oggie knobs. i'll check the position lamp/screen like dirkdiggler suggested.