Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buzzing at high revs/help!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Shadow77, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Hi guys, I'd really appreciate your help. Riding a honda shadow ta 200 2003 model and had a fall on some uneven gravel at night a while ago. The handlebars and wheel were misaligned but my dad sorted that out for me. At first thought it was just aesthetic damage (a dent in the fuel tank) but ever since then the bike makes this odd buzzing noise at high revs. Don't know too much about bikes and have only been riding for a few months so would really appreciate your know how. Thanks in advance,

2. I've never owned a bike that didn't buzz at high revs! Probably nothing serious. Could be a multitude of things.
  3. You really need to be alot more specific for us ot be able to help; is it a buzzing NOISE or is it a buzz you can FEEL, or both, etc.

My advice is to take the bike to your local bike shop and get the mechanic, who would have a lot of experience on all sorts of bikes and should be able to locate the source of the buzz and fix it.
  4. It never did it before I fell off- its this loud buzzing noise which also vibrates, but its not a revving noise, its an irritating buzzing noise that goes away when I move up through the gears (and then returns.) Sorry if I'm not specific enough.