Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying/Selling interstate...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by StereoHead, Dec 8, 2005.

1. I have just sold bike #3 to a NSW person... Does anyone know if I need to do anything before shipping it to him?

Im really not sure what forms to get and fill out...
  2. I bought my bike from QLD, was a bit of a logistical nightmare, but was all okay in the end.

I don't think that any paperwork needs to be involved apart from the sellers details and receipt. There will be no use for a RWC or rego, since it can't be used in other states and is a good haggling point when buying interstate.
  3. I sold my last bike to someone in QLD. I spoke to Vicroads and they said to remove the plate & rego.

I wrote a reciept out for the bike with VIN and engine numbers, my name and the buyers name etc. He just had to get a roadworthy (or equiv) in QLD, and head to the motor registry.

The small bonus was the refund on the rego from Vicroads.
  4. Do they actually refund the amound in $ of the amount left on the rego?
  5. yep, and they would refund it to the buyer if you sold it with rego, it'd just be more of a stuff around for all concerned :D

cash in the reg and send it up with a detailed receipt, thats all you gotta do :wink:
  6. Refunds are pro-rata MINUS admin fees. If there's only 1 month or so of rego left, the refund = zilch.