Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying Overseas

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by MStevo, Jan 23, 2008.

1. A recent spill means I'm looking for new parts for my 2006 FZ1-SW
    and came across this site http://www.mrcycles.com/default.asp

Can people help with pit falls and hidden costs associated with buying overseas over the net and in particular this mob????? and our customs???

I need 29 items ranging from nuts and bolts up to cowls and tank
    $1500 American
    I'm very concerned about colour matching engine casings and tank cowl etc
  2. I bought a lot of parts for my bike from overseas. My bike isn't common over here and parts are like hen's teeth. My main tip is to ask questions. the more detail you can get out of the sellers, the less likely you are to end up with the wrong parts or hidden costs. Shop around too- some companies might be more pricey for parts but offer cheaper postage.
    The only problem I ever had was a company in Hong Kong sending me 2 different size pipes by mistake. :( I ended up keeping them because it wasn't worth the postage.
    These are risks you take when you decide to shop online/overseas, but it can save you thousands.
  3. two different american sites same fish to scroll through and there was $370 american difference
    would much rather be able to grab someone by the scruff of the neck if things go wrong lol
    thanks for your advice
  4. Try bikebandit.com and kneedraggers.com I have heard good things about them both