Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying new bike

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by jazzthechef, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Hey y'all. Long time no talk.
    I plan on buying a new bike from interstate soon. It's a new klr650 and I'm currently living in Wagga but buying the bike from Canberra. Also have a vic license. I'm allowed to register it in nsw with my vic license due to the awesomeness of defence. My question is the bike is getting delivered and the price I have is ride away so will that include the cost of registering in nsw and transferring into my name or not? Any idea what I have to do to register it if it's not included?

2. Unlikely itll include NSW rego, but wouldnt hurt to ask them?
    Registration... ive no idea about whether anything between ACT and NSW exists to make transfers easy, but to register in NSW, I believe the worst you need to do is go get a blue slip for the bike and then pay your rego fees. I *think* the CTP will transfer over...?
  3. Get the dealer to supply NSW registration. Queanbeyan is just next door. It shouldn't be a problem.
  4. Awesome thanks. I was hoping they could supply the rego. Cause it make it all that much easier for me.