Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying new '08 Kawasaki ZX-6R ... ?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Rambler, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Hi all,

Just wondering if I could get some feedback on the new 2008 ZX-6R, maybe even from some '07 owners?

From your experience what are some of the pro's and con's of having the bike for a period of time now (longer than a quick mash around the block on a test ride) ?

How have you found service and maintenance costs to date? How many K's have you done?

How reliable has the bike been, and what is the fit and finish like now that you've added some K's to it? Any rattles etc?

What are some of the accessories you've put on your bike (or wish you had) that don't come standard?

Anything else you'd like to add about your Kwaka ZX-6R owning experience?

Thoughts and ideas very much appreciated.
    Mucho gracias,
  2. I put on a two brothers slip on,oggy's,rim strips,cowl,monster energy race replica stickers,pick up spools/sliders and soon to come either juice box or pcIII havnt decided! Mapping needs a little tidy after the can change although if you have a standard can there is a jumper mod you can do yourself to gain a little extra h/p if ya dont have the cash for a new exhaust.I'll post the link.....
  3. i found on the 07 and 08's i couldn't see the instrumentation in a relaxes, semi upright position. the only time i could read the dials was when i purposely looked under the screen.

a small gripe i know, but for a daily ridden bike, i though it was poor effort from their engineering team to not get something this simple right.

apart from that, was impressed with both units, but i haven't owned one, so i cant help you out past what i found in researching/test rides/talking to owners.
  4. anyone got any more thoughts on the 08 zx6r?
  5. Hi mate I got the 07 10r, and I'm guessing servicing costs would be similar if not the same. Mine goes to the dealer every 5000 (~3months) for about $300. Think the major service isn't dues till 40,000, which is pretty good. Tyres are the killer, although probably to a lesser extent on the 6r.

Good luck with the purchase, new bike shopping rocks!