Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

buying interstate? Melbourne Inspection?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by robeel, Jan 18, 2011.

1. hey guys, need some info about buying a bike from melbourne & bringing to sydney.

will i have any problems getting blue sliprego for the bike here?

i need to move quick before it gets sold as its a good price. what do you guys think about sending a deposit thru net bank transfer?

i want to get it inspected by 1300 bike move but don't know how long it will take?

my dad lives in melbourne so he can buy the bike for me but i need an inspection done.

can anyone in melbourne that is good with bikes help check it out? i will be happy to pay.

its a tyga kitted RVF400, i just need to know if it's worth buying & legit? i put the rego plate in vic roads web site & it came back all good.

2. can anyone please help with any other bike inspectors in melbourne?
  3. Hi There,

I can't help out with the inspection, but in regards to buying a bike from interstate. Is the bike still currently registered?

Because, I live in Sydney and brought my bike here in Sydney but because the bike I brought was unregistered and was last registered in QLD, I had to get an identity inspection done at the RTA and that cost me about $350.

So if you buy a bike that is unregistered and was last registered in a different state, then you will probably have to get this expensive identity inspection done too before they will allow you to register it.
  4. Where abouts in Melb is the bike?

Can you or your dad get it organized for the owner to get it to a mechanic of your choice (that is not their preferred one so its independent) and get it checked out, or maybe RACV can do the check.