Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying in Melbourne

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by FALCON-LORD, Feb 13, 2006.

1. 5 Days to go till I go for my L's so I went for a look up and down Elizabeth street.
    I wouldn't hav thought my requirements were to tight...
    Looking for a second hand 250 ZZR or Accross preferably as new as posible.
    1 really beat up Accross No ZZr's and it was like pulling hens teeth to find that much info.
    I take it very few people sell there bikes through shops?

2. Why would you want to buy it from a shop?

Buy it for a fairer price from some one who actually cares about ti and looked after it.

3. Might be more a problem of a high demand given the recent increase in licenced riders so good examples sell very quickly. I would have thought a lot of 250s would wind up at dealers as trade-ins on new bikes.

4. spam.......

5. You can always buy my CBR250R :p

6. I'm definately going to hae a look at Doonks bike, I am trying to avoid a CBR Sen, because I am 6 Feet tall and the reading I have done sugests they are a little cramped for people over 5'6"

As for why look at shops... two reasons
    1) Variaty (Though I have fallen short there)
    2) Someone I can point at and say fix it ya Prick, if things go bad.

does any one have word on the reliability of Sumoto in North Melbourne?

7. No point buying a 2nd hand bike from a shop!!!
    I bought a Hyosung cos I wanted a new 250 and it's pretty much the only one!

Some dealers are pretty bad too... from what I hear. So roll the dice I suppose but dont be surprised if you point the finger and say "fix it ya pricks"... and then they point the finger & say "bend over doris".

8. i'd say 5'4" :p :p

:LOL: :LOL: places that supply warranty are few and far between and ones that honour them would be even fewer :p

get the right bike straight off the hat, you shouldn't have any problems, but even if you do, they'll be offset by the money you saved by not going to a stealership :wink:

:shock: bwahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaaaa

:p :p :p

punch sumoto into the search function, go on, you know you want to....

9. O.K. Thanks for the heads up Coconuts...
    Doonks reply to my PM Mate :)

10. Oh yes your far to tall, me to short :cry:

11. only way u can get this kind of service if u buy new and the only bike i think is hyosung and maybe kwaka ...... but im not sure on the kwaka
    if u buy from anywhere else is like "when will this break" thought

12. FALCON-LORD - have sent you a PM. :)

13. <<insert loud screaming and the sound of a fat bloke running away as fast as possible>>