Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying Carbon Fibre

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by taiheung, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Hey fellas,

I was looking at blinging up the duke a bit and was wondering if anyone had experience purchasing carbon fibre. Specifically, I'd like to ask if anyone has any experience with 'carbon bikes' and the quality of their CF.

Alternatively, does anyone know of any good CF retailers for Ducatis?
  2. You could try people like Motowheels in the USA and I have used Carbonworld in Europe and been happy with the results.

I avoid Ebay Carbon fiber sellers like the plague, to many horror stories of poor quality and non deliveries.

Having said that, I avoid Ebay all together.
  3. I don't know too much about carbon fibre parts, however I did see a list of genuine Ducati carbon fibre parts, and the prices were astronomical. I'd be wary of cheap ebay parts, the quality is likely to be hit or miss.
  4. "Carbonize" have a good product. Check their website.
  5. Shift-tech carbon fibre is pretty good stuff from what I hear and decent pricing

6. I'm looking around for some carbon parts myself.

These guys are pretty popular with the MV guys.

7. Hey guys,

FYI - Carbondude says he manufactures himself, he's currently in the process of supplying me with some much higher res shots of his front fender so once they come through I'll post them up.

His prices are good and he offers a refund policy.
    Lets just see what the CF is like now!!
  8. Or to save some $$$ go direct to his supplier, Carbonworld in Europe makes just about everything Carbonize sells, I got all of my carbon stuff from Chris direct from Carbonworld at half of what it was going to cost me to get from Carbonize.
  9. Thanx. i'll check 'em out.
  10. From Conrace on ebay:
  11. They've got NOTHING in any of the Honda categories... :?
  12. Yeah they could have had a couple of drop downs (Make then model)... But besides the website they were pretty good to deal with.
  13. It's not that bad. They have bugger all MV Agusta c/f though.
  14. I came across a source who does carbon everything for the MV's. These are people who sell to stores so the pricing is incredibly cheap.

I haven't ordered from them yet, just email chatted a few times. If you are interested, flick me a PM.