Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying bike in QLD...and Rego

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Bamm-Bamm, Nov 10, 2007.

1. I am looking at purchasing a bike from QLD...it has QLD reg until the 2/08...for all intents and purposes I will be a QLD resident with an address however the bike will be coming back to VIC with me immediatley and stying until the rego expires in 02/08 and it will then be transfered to VIC registration.

I am trying to figure out the QLD fee's for transferring rego but am obviously a dumb arse as I can't figure it out...for a purchase price of $12k from a dealer what fee's would be payable?

Any QLD'ers care to give me a hand with this one?

Also once it is registered in my name in QLD and I "move" to VIC what is the procedure for transferring the Reg...anthing special or just RWC, Plates and Reg?

2.  Top
  3. You'll have to pay a transfer fee, plus stamp duty. They base the duty on the purchase price/market value (you can't buy it for $100 and not pay stamp duty anymore :( ) So it will be $19.50 plus stamp duty, and from a dealer you'll be looking at delivery costs as well.

4. It's a used bike so delivery robbery...erm I mean delivery won't apply. I can't see anywhere on the QLD rta site where it tells you how to work out the stamp duty....does anybody know?

5. Pretty sure it's 2%, or $2 for every $100.

6. stamp duty is 2% of the purchase/market price of the bike.