Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Buying an interstate bike

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by senex, Dec 4, 2011.

  1. I'm thinking about buying a bike with current NSW registration and riding the thing down to Vic.to register there. What do I need to do to be legal?

  2. Welcome to Netrider, senex !
  3. Welcome on board senex. Was at Vicroads on friday asking the same thing.

    If the bike is new
    - present all ownership papers, register it under your name at vicroads they will issue you the plates

    If the bike is 2nd hand
    - in addition to above you will need to get a rwc
  4. If its registered just ride it down then cancel the nsw rego and start anew. You will have to put it over the pits i imagine.

    But just buy one local its easier, unless you are after something rare.