Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying a Write off.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Zealt, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recently my bike was written off (still in the process actually) and while getting quotes i came across a nice CBR600 being repaired after a write off, im very interested in it and have no idea how difficult things will be to get it back on the road..

I'm stressing if i get it Pr!ck Toads will want me to bend over backwards to register it.

Also its damage is tiny but its a write off because it was stolen and recovered the mechanic told me its declared a write off by the insurer when its stolen so it cant be registered. but assures me its in A1 condition and low k's.

AND! I have also heard that because its been stolen it will be on the police lists as stolen until they loose the list and i will get puled over every time a copper does a rego check is this also true? (i read it here somewhere i think)
  2. First thing, take to another mechanic for an inspection.

Theres a decent size thread on the forums about write-offs inregards to purchasing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.