Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying a Triumph in S/E Australia

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by winaje, Feb 14, 2007.

1. NOTE: This is NOT a PS bashing post!

I am doing my homework prior to buying a 2007 Triumph Tiger toward the middle of the year. I'll probably buy around the end of June, as it's the end of the month and the finiancial year.

My nearest dealer is PS Ringwood. I have had good service from the sales guy there (Nick) who took his time even when he had lots of other customers, and after I told him I was not buying for a few months yet.

I will be after the best reasonable deal, and am not averse to travelling to get it. I was told by Nick that PS are the importers of Triumph, and that as such they do not discount the bikes much. I said to him that I'll have to screw him down on accessories, and he laughed and said ok.

So I'd like to know if anyone has had any experiences, good or bad, buying a Triumph from dealers other than PS, and if so which dealers please? I'm not specifically going to AVOID PS, but want more options. I'd happily travel to country VIC, or Canberra/Adelaide if need be.

Thanks.

2. PS do not import Triumphs, but Triumph Australia is owned by the same guys. You'll need to go to the country(Bendigo, for example) or interstate (ie. north of Vic) of you want to deal with someone else.
    From recent reports, Ringwood is getting better raps than the other PS stores.
    Let us know how you get on with the Tigger :)