Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying a second hand cb125e

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by denzenwraith, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hello!
    I'm a new rider, looking to buy my first bike. Had my eye on a spada or maybe a yamaha virgo (something 250cc) but I'm leaning towards a cb125e. Mainly because of fuel economy, price, and I drive like an old man. I've seen a couple of 2nd hand ones that have 1000kms on the clock for $2000 and with 20 months warranty remaining.

My question is what things/ issues should I look out for when buying? I've had a look at the buyer evaluation guide https://netrider.net.au/articles/?page=used_bike_guide and the only things I think are relevant are the tires and brakes? Since they have at least 20 months warranty I don't need to worry about most of the other issues? What advice do you guys have for me if I decide to get one?

I thought about asking whether or not its been raced, but that would be a joke right?