Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

buying a leather jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by livingstonest, Aug 23, 2005.

1. i was wanting to buy a leather jacket online....dainese/alpinestars/etc

in regards to fitting im not sure what size i should get. i'm 175cm, 75kg, waist 34inch, chest 36 inch.

should i get it tight and will it stretch or loose and let if contract. i dunno what the material does after awhile.

and should i get leather care products and are they necessary?

2. Go to your local motorcycle store. Try them on. Only way to get the size done right.

Then find your best deal.

In most cases you'll actually find your local bike store will match/beat the price of anyone else if you ask them, and can show their competitors price.

3. Kaer is right. All the jackets are different, and the sizing means nothing. You need to try them on in-store.

Leather stretches, so you're better getting a tight one to start with. I recently had a custom suit done, and it was almost too tight to put on when I got it. Now the jacket is a very nice fit, and the pants are getting there.

4. I guess that explains the eyes on your avatar :shock: :LOL: :p

5. DON'T buy clothes online. There is no way you will get correct sizing and, even if the sizing does fluke to be correct, there are so many other variable factors that can mean that what you bought still doesn't fit properly.

Go to a shop, try on and make sure it fits comfortably, offers the full range of movement, isn't too short in the arms, etc, etc, etc.

6. LOL...not to mention his high pitched voice :p :p :p