Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying a bike up North...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Irish_, May 3, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

In the market for a Gixxer 750
    Only problem is that Im down (up?? ) North Brisbane and the bike is in Townsville.

There are a few other ones that are closer, but this one (admittedly having not seen it) fits the bill. Orange and black, under $10K, 2008 etc.

You reckon the best bet would be to fly up, inspect it and then get it transported down? Got a quote from a bike movers for in or around $300. Any other suggestions?

There is a tiiiiiny, ludicrous voice in the back of my head that is saying to take a punt and just get the damn thing...

2. ring a local bike shop and pay them some money to check it out. If it's OK get a flight up there and ride it back.

Be aware that if you fly in with no return ticket the seller has a big advantage, so bargain as much as you can before the flight.

3. Why does the seller need to know? Tell him you're up to visit your mum or something....

4. True, but the buyer know too, and than doesn't help.

get the price as far down as you can and then take cash.

5. Cheers for that.
    Think that's what I'll end up doing, if I do manage to decide to get the bike.

Sent an email to the seller, see whats going, try and get some more info about the bike.

6. fly up, spend the weekend at Magnetic Island, maybe get laid, check out the bike and ride back..

p.s. if you really are Irish, throw on the brogue and pretend to be a back packer, increases your chances of step 3 by 30%

7. Well, the bike is sold unfortunately.

Damn shame, dont think I'll see a black/orange 750 anytime soon again.

Now looking at this, 06 750 at Redbank

here