Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying a bike in Adelaide, want route sugg's to Sydney

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by robbie55, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Am travelling to Adelaide on Thursday (25/6/09) to pick up a new (to me) ride. Was hoping for some suggestions on a good route back to Sydney.

Should hopefully leave adelaide around lunchtime, if not before, and hope to be back in Sydney by Saturday.

Replies with maps would be great.
  2. *opens up Google Maps*

Weeeeeeell, we'll go from Adelaide to Sydney, obviously. Unfortunately, I don't know any roads near Adelaide, but you should detour onto this road here... Oh.. and this one too.. Mmm, that road was really good on the 4 Musketeers ride... And this one too... Annnnnd...

How about this then?

Clicky here.
  3. Take the Hay Plains Route
  4. Hay plains route is probably the most direct, although you could try to reach Renmark on the Murray River thursday night, perhaps Albury on the second night (friday night) and belt up the Hume Highway on Saturday.

It's a pity you don't have time to head back via the coast.
  5. Where in Adelaide are you picking it up from?

Gorge Rd, Old Norton Summit Rd, Montague Rd (hills end), Greenhill Rd (through the hills) and Old Mt Barker Rd are all local favourites, all lead in the general direction of where you want to go :p

And be careful, I believe your roads over there are in much better condition than ours ...