Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buying a bike from other state to Vic (RWC's etc...)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Grunge, Oct 21, 2007.

  1. Can anyone give me a rough run down into the implications of doing this?
    I mean... other than the 'shipping' cost.

    I mean.. I'm sure you can't just get a say, QLD RWC bike and get it down here and use vicroads to transfer right?

    I mean.. afaik, my options are to get the transfer done there and then change the license (How does that work, anyone?)
    buy it without a plate and get the RWC done here... right? :]

    I'd appreciate any help... thanks y'all! :]
  2. Only way you could do the tfr there (as in QLD) is if you have a Qld licence, otherwise you need to cancel the QLD reg, bring it to vic and get it reg'd here, which will then include stamp duty, RWC, likely a Vicroads inspection, and payment of reg/tac charges.