Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

buy from flyinbrian?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by EVOSTi, Apr 16, 2006.

1. hi, im new to netrider so i hope this hasnt been convered before, ive seen this guy mentioned before but dont think much has been said (that ive seen anyway). im just wondering have many people bought from flyinbrians shop on ebay US? the prices seem to be really good, even with the currency conversion and shipping but im a bit wary having been burnt by when buying from ebay US before. im looking to get some gear before i get my first bike (logical step i think) ive already got a helmet but want to get boots, jacket glove and pants from this guy as it looks like i can get brand names stuff like alpinestar and joe rocket for a similar price to lesser known stuff here. is it worth it? if people think its a good thing ill prob go for it, after i try some stuff on in store to get the right sizing. :)

thanks in advance.

2. Just did a quick look around... some jackets I ahve seen on sale here in OZ at the same price as he is selling them in US at USD!!

I think if you shop around here you will find what you are lookng for AND you will be able to try it on B4 you buy...

Or like some get a custom made jacket and pants and support your local trades/workshops...

3. There's been a few who've reported dealing with flyingbrian and having no troubles, they might see this thread and add some more feedback.

4. And most of the local shops send their custom made orders over to Pakistan So yeah, go local :)

5. Realy?? so they take the measurments... go at the back e-mail them to Pakistan... than sit down and pretend they are stiching your pants??

Or do you have a specific shop in mind??

6. lordtb, where have you seen said products in aus for the same/similar price?

some of the things i am looking at are A* spinner leather jacket (AU$395), icon super duty pants AU$123, A* ridge boots (AU$135) plus some gloves for around the $120 mark. so far thats better than what i have seen in aus.

7. after reading some positve reviews on here about flybrians i though i'd check out the site last night...

some of his prices are the same as other stores in the US.

i.e. a particular icon glove for $50. same prices elsewhere...

8. In a roundabout way, yes, that what some of them do.

9. The Alpine jacket for US$395 I have seen on sale for AU$395

10. why dont u check out www.rmgear.com.au . i went there this morning and got myself kitted up for under 500bucks. pants jacket and gloves

11. ive been looking at RM gear, prices seem pretty decent. i think i will definately go try some gear on at my local (expensive) shop to get idea of gloves sizes etc. anyone have a ROUGH idea what i might need in jacket size? im 6ft and 68kg i was thinking large, but some jackets are quoted in number sizes ie 40?

12. I reckon you will be about a 52 Euro size (which i think is 42 US). That equivalent to about a medium. I am 6ft 2' and 78kg and this is good fit for me.

13. ive bought a couple of jackets from flying brians. I got an alpine star one which was cheap, still saved $200 when that jacket was on sale here in AUS.

Do recommend it, but just make sure you get the right size as you cant trin on!

14. I bought an AStars smx jacket from him for about 700 AUD, AS Alloy gloves for about 80 and Icon Anthem pants for under 100 all up with shipping. If somebody is selling this gear in Oz cheaper I would like to know where, certainly nowhere around my parts. Just do not neglect the "best offer" button. He ships very promptly and responds to all enquiries.

On the other hand he is certainly not the cheapest, if you are patient you can get the same for less.

15. Well obviously if you have already gone down the path of riding a Korean bike then who care what kinda rubbish you wear.....

Had a look at their gear and no thanks! I can get really nice stuff off ebay for the same money!

Oh and the bloke talking about finding things in AU dollars that are the same as ebay items in US dollars is smoking crack.

Go the US option mate and save yourself a bucket load!! Try the stuff on in the shops here and then find the exact match on the web and order it!

16. Well obviously if you have already gone down the path of riding a Korean bike then who care what kinda rubbish you wear.....

Had a look at their gear and no thanks! I can get really nice stuff off ebay for the same money!

Oh and the bloke talking about finding things in AU dollars that are the same as ebay items in US dollars is smoking crack.

Go the US option mate and save yourself a bucket load!! Try the stuff on in the shops here and then find the exact match on the web and order it!

17. Hi EVOSTi,

Don't forget that with a netrider membership you get discounts at heaps of places see https://netrider.net.au/?page=partners for more details.

Could be the cheapest $5 you ever spend !!

18. thanks for the replies guys. i just finished finalising payment to flyinbrian, bought a few things :) got an A* spinner jacket and ridge boots, plus some joe rocket steal jeans and sonic gloves for a grand total of AU$778.82 including shipping with insurance. for each item i made an offer, the jacket and pants i got first offer, the gloves and boots i accepted the counter offer but still saved a good amount. im confident i got the right sizes but if not, ive seen some of the items im purchasing sell on ebay australia go for more second hand than im paying new :)

19. Good work dude!

20. Has anyone buying from this guy been slugged with big import duties by customs? I've bought some stuff from the US before and been hit with $150 fees to get it through customs.