Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Buy a CBR600F4?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by new_guy, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Hi all,

I have been riding a few years but don't have a strong knowledge of bike longevity

I have always bought either new bikes or bikes with only 2000-4000kms on them

I would like to buy a CBR600F4 and have found one with about 20000Kms on it

My question is, is that too many Kms or should there be plenty of life in her before things start going wrong?

Thanks in advance :)
  2. That's nothing mate, are u looking at the f4 carby model or f4i efi model? How much are they asking ?
  3. Thanks basejumper :)

Its a 2005 F4i which I believe to be EFI

It's through a bike shop and they are asking $5990
  4. sorry, double post
  5. $5900 is pricey. F4i's are awesome bikes. 20,000ks is nothing. Will do 100,000ks with routine servicing. The earlier 01-02 model was a bit sportier in the suspension (adjustable front) and sportier looking with the 2 piece seat. The later model has the 1 piece seat from the previous 99-2000 Carbied F4.
  6. Just looking at Bikesales, price is a little high, but is within market value. Keep in mind 6,000k service intervals, with valve clearances due at 24,000ks too, so factor that in to the price.. Haggle, haggle.

But they are pretty bullet proof bikes and will go the distance if serviced well etc.
  7. Bargain hard. You could get a 2007+ RR for not much more than that...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. $6k is a lot of cash for that bike. Don't rush into it. Look around and compare prices.
  9. CBR600's are solid and will go forever if they are serviced.

My F4i has about 105,000 km and still starts first go every time. That's only basic oil/filter and sparks for over 80,000 kms, didn't bother with majors servicing
    Even dynoed it for fun at around 90,000 km and produced the same as stock from dyno results that I found from 10 years ago.

I even remember a blog someone in the US had documenting each time their F4i ticked over to 0 miles again.
    Think it ticked over 3 or 4 times and was still going strong. So that's about 300,000-400,000 miles...